Friday 23 September 2011

Battery allegation: Colleagues, stakeholders reject Adibua’s apology

Although, it is no longer news that Olisa Adubua, one of the famous -air personalities, was embroiled in fisticuffs with a junior colleague, simply identified as Adewunmi Oyekanmi, numerous fans and friends of the chubby cheeked presenter are still stunned with the unpalatable report that was broken on the internet a couple of days ago.
While Olisa, who seems to have eaten a humble pie, had tendered a letter of apology and the battered boy had no choice than to accept, it may interest you to know that some of Olisa’s colleagues from other TV/Radio stations and stake holders, who spoke to SS in confidence, are still very bitter and want him to be brought to justice.
In case you don’t know, it was reported that Olisa severely battered Oyekanmi, one of the employees of Naija FM, the sister station to BEAT FM and Classic FM, for sleeping on the office couch. An excerpt from Olisa’s apology letter reads, “I am deeply regretful of what transpired and have taken full responsibility for my actions.
I have privately apologised to my colleague, the team that I work with and I am taking this opportunity to apologise to the public at large. Despite being at the centre of a media feeding frenzy, I’ve been silent in order to allow the organisation, to which I am affiliated with and at whose premises the incident occurred, to carry out its investigations and come to a conclusion.
“While the events have been distorted, I am very apologetic about the situation. However, any kind of loss of control is not excusable and I have since tendered an unreserved apology to ‘Dewunmi.
I have always preached against violence, so this is a time for some reflection. Again, I apologise and I thank ‘Dewunmi for accepting my apology. “For more than 20 years now, I’ve operated in the electronic media sector without a blemish but by this action, I have let myself down and most importantly I have let family, friends and the millions of people who look up to me, down.”
“That’s unfair, what if the boy died? That was not his first time; Olisa needs to learn his lesson in a very bitter way!” a popular TV/radio presenter exclaimed. “Yes, Olisa’s excesses need to be checked and this is the time.
Apology is not enough, we are waiting for the final decision of the station management,” said a CEO of a popular entertainment channel on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Entertainment.
















It's All About showbiz.............