Friday 23 September 2011

Gbolahan Adio ... Gutsy movie producer

Gbolahan Adio would be seen as a rookie by few people who are not conversant with the Yoruba genre of Nollywood. But the Ibadan, Oyo State born movie maker, who is popularly known as Majester, is a veteran.
Besides being a foundation member of the Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts Practitioners (ANTP), the umbrella body of Yoruba genre of Nigerian movie industry, Majester has over the years proved his dexterity in front and behind the camera. Recollecting his foray into the movie world, he says: “I started with the likes of Hubert Ogunde and Ade Love in 1973 and I featured in Ayanmo, Aiye, Taxi Driver, Efunsetan Aniwura among other popular old films.
I actually released my personal movie titled Eru Agba in 1988. Since then, I have produced close to 10 films which include Ha Gbolahan, Owo Mugun, Ogiri Alapa, Damilare among others.” He further revealed the likes of Lere Paimo and late Ishola Ogunsola aka I show Pepper, as his mentors.
While it seems Majester has taken a back seat in movie production, the bold and blunt actor has appeared in countless old and new flicks, and he remains one of the forces that cannot be ignored in industry. On how he come about the name, Majester, “That was coined from my real names and I would like people to figure it out,” he enthused. Reacting to the popular believe that he’s arrogant and gutsy.
“Yes, I am gutsy but not arrogant; it’s just that people always mistake somebody who is principled for being rude. People are found of turning your unique way of life against you,” he explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Entertainment.
















It's All About showbiz.............