Sunday 11 March 2012

Ekene Okonkwo tackles Boma over alleged movie scam

Boma
The last seems not to have been heard about the face-off between popular Nollywood director, Nonso Ekene Okonkwo and one of the aspiring star actresses, Boma Tubonimi Arinyedokiari. It was a talk of town last week when the latter accused the former, of extorting the sum of N105, 000, 00 from her, in addition to compelling her to sign a six- year contract with him.

It was reported that the fair-skin actress, who hails from Rivers State alleged that the director swindled her and threatened to deal with her in the event of her backing out of the signed contract.
Boma claimed that Okonkwo invited her to Asaba, on the pretext that she was going to act in a new flick that was about to be shot then. But unknown to her, the man had a different plan.

However, the saga has taken a new turn as Ekene Okonkwo has decided to fight back by reporting the matter to the leadership of the Actors Guild of Nigeria.
Okonkwo told SS that the essence of taking the matter to AGN is to enable the actor's body investigate the actress' allegation, as well as recommend appropriate punishment for anybody that is found guilty of the offence.

Speaking further, the director who owns Goldfish Productions, and produced "Mad House",  "Odega" The Legend", the yet to be released "The Spirit Girl" among other popular flicks said,  “Contrary to Boma's claim that she signed the contract under duress, she voluntarily came to me to be signed on. 

"I don't think I would have started with Boma because I have a history in the industry. My agency is to help aspiring actors and actresses realise their dreams. Young girls and boys are coming into the industry without direction.
 I introduced this concept of signing on as a way of helping the aspiring actors and actresses to realise their dreams. I offer them an opportunity to come under my company and I give them less than two years to hit stardom.
 One of the people that stood as a witness for Boma was Mandi Eze. Until now, Boma has not written me officially nor confronted me. I consider it as a rumour until she writes me," he concluded.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Entertainment.
















It's All About showbiz.............