Saturday 28 May 2011

I am not a snob- Matse

Calling Matse Uwatse the reigning queen of the air-waves, you may not be wrong, because Matse as Wazobia 95.1 FM’s ace presenter is simply called, is either be one or two on the list of the most popular voices on Radio at the moment.
Eko how una see am? Amebo Zone and No vex are some of the segments her daily afternoon programme that have turned the Warri born presenter to a darling of most frequent listeners of Wazobia FM.
While Matse’s sense of humour, style and nice command of Pidgin English on radio, are some of the reasons some are tripping for her, few people that have encountered the first child from family of 12 are now accusing her of being a snob.
While responding to the allegation during one of her interviews, the acclaimed daddy’s girl said,” Yes, People see me as a snob, because I am very strict. So, they misinterpret being disciplined for being snobbish.
 Imagine somebody walk up to you and says, ‘hello, honey, how you dey? I might not answer that greeting. You don’t know me from eve and you are coming to say, ‘hello honey, how you dey’. No, no, no, you should have some measure of respect for any woman you see. You can say, or ‘hello madam’ and if you cannot call me madam, you can say, ‘hello Matse’, its fine. But when you just come and say, ‘hello sweetie’, ‘hello baby’, ‘hello love’, and all that, I may ignore it.
 I also hate it when people tell me ‘hi’ or ‘how far?’ I don’t like it. Everybody here knows, I don’t respond to such greetings because I will not greet you like that. So if you now say hi or what sup to me and I don’t answer, you might call me a snob and say ‘what does she think she is? This is Africa and people” must learn how to greet people properly,” she concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Entertainment.
















It's All About showbiz.............