Sunday 26 February 2012

Knocks,jeers, as D’Banj opens up on fuel subsidy removal protest

It’s no longer news that Koko Master, D’banj had a successful show in the UK last Sunday February 19 but an interview which he granted Sahara Reporter, a couple of hours to the show has continue to earn him more jeers than cheers.
Apart from the disappointment written on the faces of most music enthusiasts, D’banj’s claim ignorance of the protest against subsidy removal has left him with more haters than lovers.
In the alleged interview, D’banj said, “I did not know anything that was happening in Nigeria during protests because I was working on my album in the UK.”
And when questioned why he did not join the protest in London, “I didn’t know anything that was happening in London about the fuel protest because I was working. I am not a politician! And everyone that knows me well knows I don’t like cold, so I couldn’t go outside,” D’banj supposedly claimed.
While some of the died-hard fans of D’banj still don’t believe he said this, those in the know thought he did misfire and owe most Nigerians who are buying his CDs and attending his shows, an unreserved apology.
“How can D’banj claim ignorance of a protest that claimed many lives, and which lasted for five days? He probably didn’t know how to lie or lack good public relation,” said a popular record label owner who spoke under the condition of anonymity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Entertainment.
















It's All About showbiz.............